Header Ads Widget

Dating apps: How the Dating apps captured us in Covid-19 Pandemic?

Dating apps: How the Dating apps captured us in Covid-19 Pandemic?

A psychologist talks to star.gr about the profile of users

Dating apps: How the Dating apps captured us in Covid-19 Pandemic? 


The coronavirus pandemic has dramatically changed our daily lives, and the prolonged quarantine and social distancing measures that have been imposed have resulted in much of real-life being transferred to the digital environment. Given that there has been an unprecedented explosion in internet usage in the last year, one would expect something similar to have happened with the use of dating apps.


The research does not record a more extensive use of dating apps by users in the pandemic, psychologist Argyro Markopoulou told star.gr, explaining that lately the ground is not so suitable for love.


He added that the wave of pessimism, insecurity, deprivation of citizens' freedom and changes in our daily lives make us less functional than in the past and certainly do not leave us much room to think about love.


I do not know if the will or the mood is so great that someone turns to a partner in the cure


He added that today there are at least 15 dating apps


Of course, if anybody wants to discuss with as many users as possible and not wait in priority order in the application, then they should buy a package and give a subscription that will allow it. "Automatically, that is, communication becomes more direct and more open and the user himself has more options," he said.


Dating app: The search for love became ... business


The profile of users of dating apps

Referring to the profile of users, Ms. Markopoulou noted that there is a discrepancy between the image that public opinion has and that that reflects the research.


 opinions of public want those who use dating apps to be singles, men, who belong to the love minority (bi/gay) and seek through these applications mainly casual love. However, indicative research shows that users are both men and women, who are proving to be more effective in using these applications," he said.



In particular, surveys showed that 89% of users were love, while only the remaining 11% concerned people belonging to the love minority.


Also, not only are users not single, but they are also in a  mutual relationship when they use dating apps, which increases the chances of infidelity occurring over the internet, he stressed.


Infidelity: The reasons we violate the 7th commandment!


When is there infidelity in dating apps?

According to Ms. Markopoulou, digital infidelity is a broad concept that is open to many interpretations and in some cases depends on the limits that everyone sets for their partner.


For example, communicating, flirting or talking to someone when you go out to have fun in a bar, can be considered infidelity? No ... Exactly the same pattern applies to virtual reality. Electronic infidelity is not considered like, but the completion of the love act and not the flirting and playing in the applications", he said.


What users are looking for in dating apps

According to indicative research that gives an overall picture, people do not participate in dating apps only for casual love


54 percent used dating apps for communication and acquaintance purposes, while only 5% for love. The remaining percentages, which were also low, were indicative of the use of apps due to boredom, fun or socialization ", noted Ms Markopoulou.


How to understand "what do you want.


Post a Comment

0 Comments